Front-End Developer (WordPress Developer)
Stalwart Journeys LLC (dba AudiologyDesign) – the leading digital marketing agency currently dedicated to the hearing healthcare profession – is seeking a highly motivated, WordPress Front-End Developer that can translate design layouts and wireframes into fully functioning, pixel-perfect WordPress websites that deliver results for our clients.
We are a fast-paced, nimble organization of highly dedicated, professional, and passionate individuals. We’ve developed a strong company culture that fosters a positive work environment and focuses on team member success. We enjoy what we do and who we do it with; and have a sustainable and viable business model that supports our success.
We are looking for experienced candidates and will want to review a portfolio or list of sites you’ve developed in WordPress.
Title: Front-End Developer (WordPress Developer)
Reports To: Product Management Director
Mission: The mission of the Front-End Developer is to translate designs to error-free working code and to bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, always striving to continuously improve our product by developing ways to deliver a better user experience and optimize for conversions.
Job Description: The Front-End Developer codes client websites to match comps provided by a Designer, utilizing the latest applications and technology. The Front-End Developer will communicate and collaborate with Design and Technology to ensure total client satisfaction as well as flawless technical implementation.
- Translate comprehensive design layouts and wireframes into working HTML pages for client websites
- Setup the CMS for clients based on intake selections
- Collaborate with development team and contribute to new theme, plugin and front-end feature development
- Maintain theme and plugins updates in a multisite environment
- Produce error free code utilizing company standard frameworks and contribute to improving codebase and standards
- Develop and strategize automation and procedural improvements
- Ensure all HTML passes W3 validation tests and meets company guidelines (Google Quality Guidelines)
- Coordinate with Designers to establish standardization of elements for sites
- Assist with migration and sunsetting of existing legacy CMS/CRM
- Keep current with emerging web technologies and provide ideas for improvement of product offerings
- Perform special coding projects upon request
- Provide technical support and oversight for service tickets as needed and completing tickets outside the functionality of the CMS.
- Coordinate with SEO to develop, update and maintain global content and pages
- Contribute to development and maintenance of detailed process documentation for the Development department
- Passion for writing clean code and developing websites that deliver business results for clients
- Communication professional who is able to understand client needs and communicate solutions to the Account Management and Design team
- High attention to detail
- Self-motivated and ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- 3+ years WordPress experience designing and developing responsive websites; theme building experience; multisite WordPress experience a plus
- Familiarity with Gutenberg and Plugin management
- Github workflow
- Understanding of DNS management
- Understanding of responsive mobile frameworks like Foundation and Bootstrap
- Working knowledge of debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome Inspector etc
- Strong Analytics, conversion tracking and reporting skills
- Understanding of SEO and how its impacted by development
- Commensurate with responsibilities and experience
- Full-Time salaried position
- Benefits include 11 paid holidays, 21 days paid time off, medical, dental and vision care plans, long and short term disability, life insurance, 401k matching, company-provided equipment, monthly internet stipend
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org