Online appointment scheduling is a software integration built into digital properties that allows for patients to book appointments through a practice’s website or landing pages instead of by phone or in person.
Studies have shown that 70% of users prefer online scheduling availability when booking healthcare appointments. This means that it’s crucial for your hearing healthcare practice to provide online appointment scheduling as an option for your patients.
Here are a few reasons why your hearing healthcare practice should consider having online scheduling:
- Flexibility: Allowing patients to choose their preferred booking method, whether it be by phone or online makes scheduling more convenient and easier for a patient to book an appointment
- Enhanced User Experience on Site: To provide patients with the best user experience while on a practice’s website, it is ideal for online scheduler functionality to be fully responsive in design and adapt to any device including mobile, tablet and desktop. This provides ease of use for your patients online and enhances their overall experience on your website.
- Convenience: You are always available to receive these important leads even when your office is closed on nights and weekends. According to data we have compiled, 45% of online scheduling appointments are booked outside of business hours. Clinics who utilize online scheduling can easily accommodate their patients’ individual needs. It allows patients the opportunity to schedule appointments in the times that are most convenient for them, so they don’t have to worry about calling to book that appointment during office hours when they too are busy or those with hearing loss that have difficulty hearing on the phone.
- Increased Productivity: By spending less time on the phone, online scheduling opens more time for your staff to focus on the priorities of running the practice and providing excellent levels of patient care.
- Practice Management System Integrations: When an online scheduler is fully integrated with your practice management system, it will help to ensure that there are no scheduling conflicts between patients who prefer to book online versus those who opt to go the more traditional routes. For the patients preferring to book by phone, they still have the option to do so by simply clicking on your phone number.
Many of our clients already take advantage of online scheduling due to the benefits we’ve outlined above and because it’s provided as a part of our new website builds at no additional cost. If you have any additional questions or are interested in learning more about online scheduling, please reach out to us.